10 key things you should know about ₹2000 notes
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has introduced new design banknotes in the denomination of ₹2,000 as part of the Mahatma Gandhi (New) series. The new design currency notes are distinctly different from the current Mahatma Gandhi Series of bank notes in colour, size and theme, RBI said. The theme of the new series notes is India’s heritage sites. The new denomination has motif of the Mangalyaan on the reverse. The base colour of the note is magenta. The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall colour scheme, both on the obverse and the reverse. The size of the new note is 66mm x 166mm.
Here are 10 things that you should know about the new ₹2,000 notes:
1) See through register with denominational numeral 2,000 can be seen when the note is held against the light.
2) Latent image with denominational numeral 2000 can be seen when the note is held at 45 degree angle at the eye level.
3) Denominational numeral 2000 in Devnagari.
4) Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi in the Centre
5) Micro letters ‘RBI’ and ‘2000’
6) Coloured shift windowed security threat with inscriptions ‘Bharat’, RBI and 2000. Colour of the thread changes from green to blue when the note is tilted.
7)Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with promise clause and RBI emblem towards right.
8)Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (2000) Watermark, Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right
9) Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
10)Denominational numeral with Rupee Symbol, ₹2000 in colour changing ink (green to blue) on bottom right.
For visually impaired, there will be horizontal rectangle with ₹2000 in raised print on the right, and seven angular bleed lines on left and right side in raised print.
A few new other elements added in these notes are numerals in devnagari and the logo of Swachh Bharat. The new notes also have design elements in myriad and intricate forms and shapes.
While the security features in the current series of bank notes, such as water mark, security thread, latent image of denomination numeral, denomination numeral in colour shifting ink, number panels, see through register, electro-type, bleed lines, etc., continue to remain, their relative positions may have changed in the new design notes.