Booking e-tickets from IRCTC website: You should know these rules
New Delhi: With the help of the IRCTC e-ticketing website, www.irctc.co.in, ticket booking, cancellation, refund, modification, group booking, reservation of seats on IRCTC Tourism packages, have been made relatively easy as compared to the ticket reservation process earlier. The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has inducted several guidelines on the e-tickets which are applicable to all the users booking seats on the Indian Railways network via IRCTC e-ticketing website.
IRCTC e-ticket booking general rules 2019
- According to IRCTC, the seats reserved are not transferable and are valid only if one of the passengers booked on an e-ticket in a transaction presents a valid identity card.
- The valid identity cards include voter identity card, passport, PAN card, driving license, photo identity card of central/state government/student identity card with photograph issued by recognized school/college for their students/nationalised bank passbook with photograph/credit cards issued by banks with laminated photograph.
- The same ID card will be accepted as proof of identity during a train journey in original failing which the passengers will be treated as travelling without ticket and shall be dealt as per the prescribed rules by the Railways.
- The users who have booked tatkal e-tickets are not eligible to claim a refund for cancellation of confirmed tatkal e-tickets. Moreover, there is no provision for specifying ID proof at the time of booking an e-ticket under general quota.
- Tatkal e-ticket can be booked one day in advance excluding the date of journey from the train originating station, however, entry of ID card details is not required at the time of booking for tatkal e-tickets.
- One of the passengers has to produce any one of the prescribed identity in original during the journey, failing which all the passengers booked on that ticket will be treated as travelling without ticket and charged accordingly, IRCTC said.
- Passengers who wish to change the boarding station and name in e-tickets can visit the nearest Railway Reservation Office with ‘Electronic Reservation Slip’ print out and photo identity proof in original of one of the passengers travelling in the ticket
- The passengers willing to avail this facility should visit the office at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the train. Railway Reservation Offices can change ‘Boarding Station’ & ‘Passenger Name’ against a request from the passenger in a similar manner as it modifies for the tickets booked from the counter.
- The same on the e-ticket can be transferred to another member of his family, meaning, Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, Son, Daughter, Husband and Wife on the presentation of ‘Electronic Reservation Slip’ print out along with photo identity card proof in original & proof for blood relation desired to be changed. All such requests will be granted once only.