EPFO extends the last date for the e-nomination – Here’s how to do it
Employees Provident Fund (EPFO) extended the December 31 deadline prescribed to account holders for the completion of e-nomination. The state-run retirement fund body on Twitter informed that account holders may file nomination by using the e-nominee facility beyond December 31.
The decision came even as several EPFO subscribers reported that they faced problems with the EPFO portal as they tried to submit the details of their nominees for their accounts.
A nominee can easily avail Pension (Employees Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme), Provident Fund (PF), and Insurance (Employees Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme) benefits, in case of the death of EPFO account holder, according to EPFO.
All EPFO members can submit EPF and EPS nomination digitally by logging in the EPFO website epfindia.gov.in. This can be done by filing a new PF nomination. This can be done by EPFO members on their own without any interference of any third party and on the website of EPFO in a simple manner.
EPFO e-nomination process in simple steps
- Login at EPFO’s official website — epfindia.gov.in;
- Go to ‘Service’ and click at ‘For Employees’ tab in drop-down;
- Then click at ‘Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)’ tab in Services;
- Login with your UAN and Password;
- Select ‘E-Nomination’ under ‘Manage’ tab;
- Click at ‘Yes’ to update your family declaration;
- Click at ‘Add Family Details’;
- Click at ‘Nomination Details’ to declare total amount of share;
- After declaration, click at ‘Save EPF Nomination’;
- Click at ‘E-sign’ to generate OTP;
- An OTP will be sent on your mobile number linked with Aadhaar card;
- Submit OTP…Read more>>