How to register under the PM-KISAN
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) is a Central Sector scheme that has been launched from December 2018 and has been running with 100% funding from the Government of India, though the entire responsibility of identification of beneficiary farmer families rests with the State / UT Governments.
This fund, meant to be the sustenance fund for farmers who have to weather several hardships in their endeavour to be the food providers to the nation, is directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman informed the public that 8.19 crore beneficiary farmers of the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) have got an instalment of Rs 2,000 under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana.
“One time of Rs 2,000 has reached 8.19 crore farmers, a total amount of Rs 16,394 crore. NSAP beneficiaries got Rs 1,405 crore in the first instalment and Rs 1,402 crore in 2nd instalment, the target of Rs 3,000 crore nearly achieved,” Sitharaman said in her televised address to the nation on Sunday on the final tranche of Rs 20 lakh crore economic package.
If you are a kisan (a farmer) and wish to be enrolled for this scheme, you are required to approach the local patwari / revenue officer / Nodal Officer (PM-Kisan) nominated by your respective state government. However, the Common Service Centres (CSCs) have also been authorised to do registration of the farmers for the Scheme upon payment of fees. But apart from these sources, the farmers can also do their self-registration through the “Farmers Corner” option on the Home Page of the government portal of the scheme.
Check the steps given below to know how exactly you can register on the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi portal.
How to register on the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
- Open the authorised website of PM Kisan Yojana
- Find the “Farmers Corner” option on the Home Page
- Click on “Farmers Corner” option and a drop-down menu will appear
- Click the “New Farmers Registration” option and a new window will appear
- Fill in the form that opens, your Aadhaar details and captcha have to be filled in
- Click the “Continue” option
- If you are already registered from before, your details will be displayed
- But if this is your first registration, the display will say “Record not found with given details”
- You will also get an option asking you if you want to register on the PM Kisan portal. Click “Yes”
- A new page will open with a form to be filled
- This form seeks details of you as an individual and those of your farm such as the address, land records, size etc
Once you are done, click the “Save” option…Read more>>