How to Send and Receive Money via WhatsApp
WhatsApp has finally launched its payments feature in India. WhatsApp Pay is slowly being rolled out to people across the country, so if the feature hasn’t shown up for you yet, do not worry as it should show up soon.
WhatsApp Payments has been designed in partnership with the National Payments Corporation of India or NPCI, and it is based on the Unified Payments Interface or UPI. To get started you need to be on the latest version of WhatsApp for Android or iOS. Your WhatsApp number should be the same number that’s linked to your bank account too.
WhatsApp Payments: How to set up
WhatsApp Pay enables peer to peer digital payment via the messaging platform. Here’s how to set up WhatsApp Payments on your smartphone.
- Open WhatsApp > go to Settings > tap Payments.
- Tap Add payment method. Next, choose your bank.
- After you’ve selected your bank, you’ll need to verify your phone number. Tap Verify via SMS.
- Wait for the verification process to finish. Once done, your bank details will be added below Payment methods.
WhatsApp Pay: How to make payments
WhatsApp Payments lets you send money to WhatsApp contacts as well people who are not registered with WhatsApp Pay. Follow these steps to send money to a WhatsApp contact.
- Open a WhatsApp chat and tap the attachment icon.
- Tap Payment > type the desired amount > hit enter.
- Enter your UPI pin to complete the payment……Read More>>