IRCTC train ticket booking: Now you can book tickets and pay later
Gone are those when you have to stand in a long queues to purchase tickets for your train journey. With the advent of latest technology, Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has come up with a new policy called the ‘Book Now, Pay Later’ service. Booking tickets on IRCTC official website will be more easy and hassle free with this “ePay Later” option.
The “ePay later” service will be available for both the reserved ticket and tatkal tickets, said IRCTC. This option will be especially beneficial as customers won’t have to go through any delay or payment gateway failures while buying tatkal tickets.
This new facility for payment of e-tickets is available through ePay Later. ePay Later is a digital payment solution offered by Arthashastra Fintech Pvt. Ltd. Passengers need to pay the ticket charges within 14 days after booking the tickets. If one misses to pay the amount with 14 days, he or she has to pay interest charge of 3.50%, plus applicable taxes.
Here’s how you can book ticket using “ePay Later” option
1) Log in to IRCTC account
2) Enter journey details to book your ticket.
3) On the payment page, there will be an option of choosing ‘Pay Later’ option.
4) If you click on the ‘Pay Later’ option, you will be redirected to the ePayLater.
5) You need to log in to ePay Later website using your registered mobile number.
6) You will receive an OTP to your registered mobile number. Your log in will be successful once you enter the OTP.
7) You have to confirm your booking amount and ticket will be booked.