JioMeet: How to Download, Start a Meeting, and Everything Else You Need to Know About This Zoom Clone
Reliance Jio has launched JioMeet, a new video conferencing app for India. JioMeet is a cross-platform service, which means it is supported on all major operating systems including Android, iOS, Windows 10, macOS and the web. In this article, we’ll be taking a closer look at JioMeet. At first glance, the app looks a lot like Zoom, which has exploded in popularity during the ongoing pandemic. JioMeet wants to be India’s Zoom and we’re going to tell you everything you need to know about the app.
What is JioMeet
JioMeet is a new video conferencing app. Unlike Zoom, JioMeet is absolutely free right now and comes with features such as video calls with up to 100 participants, screen-sharing, scheduled meetings, etc.
How to download JioMeet
JioMeet is a cross-platform video conferencing app that you can download on iPhone by visiting the App Store, and via Google Play on Android devices. You can also download the JioMeet app on Windows, or Mac. Besides, if you do not wish to download the app, then you can also access JioMeet on supported browsers — Google Chrome and Firefox by visiting its website.
How to create an account on JioMeet
You can create a JioMeet account via mobile or desktop app. Follow these steps.
- If you’ve already downloaded the app, go ahead and launch the app.
- On the home-screen, tap Sign Up > enter your name and email/ mobile number > agree to the company’s terms and conditions and tap Done.
- On the next screen, you’ll be required to enter an OTP, if you registered via your mobile number or you’ll have to verify your email account by visiting your mailbox if you chose to register via email.
- Besides, you can also sign up for JioMeet through the web. Simply visit the website, jiomeetpro.jio.com/home on Google Chrome or Firefox. Once the site is loaded, hit Sign Up and repeat the earlier steps.
How to host or join a meeting
Follow these steps to host a new meeting on JioMeet via your smartphone.
- Open the app > log in > tap New Meeting.
- On the next screen, select if you wish to keep your video on or off. Below that, you’ll see a toggle that says, Use Personal Meeting ID. Turn it on to generate your personal meeting ID and password.
- Once done, tap Start Meeting. To invite participants, tap Participants > tap Invite > you can either copy the link and manually share it or you can simply tap supported app and then select a user to share the link with…Read more>>