List Of Trains Which Will Run From June 1st, check IRCTC booking and more rules
Indian Railways released the list of 200 Special trains that will run from June 1 and said that these will be fully reserved trains having both air-conditioned and non air-conditioned classes. Bookings for these trains will commenced today at 10 AM.
Other regular passenger services including all mail/express, passenger and suburban services shall remain cancelled until further notice, according to govt.
According to Indian Railways, 1,78,990 tickets for 4,23,538 number of passengers for over 70 trains have been booked from 10:00 AM today.
Railway minister Piyush Goyal today also announced that booking of train tickets will resume at around 1.7 lakh common service centres from tomorrow across India.
Common Service Centres are physical facilities for delivering e-services of the government at rural and remote locations where availability of computers and internet is negligible or absent.
IRCTC Ticket Booking Rules:
1. Online E-Ticketing will be done through IRCTC website or through Mobile App. Booking of tickets through ‘agents’, (both IRCTC Agents and Railway Agents) shall not be permitted.
2. The ARP (advance reservation period) shall be maximum 30 days.
3. RAC and Wait list will be generated as per extant rules however waiting list ticket holders shall not be permitted to board the train.
4. No unreserved (UTS) tickets will be issued and no tickets will be issued onboard to any passenger during the journey.
5. No tatkal and premium tatkal booking shall be permitted in these trains.
6. First chart shall be prepared at least 4 hours before scheduled departure and second chart shall be prepared at least 2 hours((unlike present practice of 30 minutes) before scheduled departure. Only online current booking shall be permitted in between first and second chart preparation.
Govt has claimed that the starting of more trains will help migrants as well who wish to travel other than Shramik Trains. Govt rules are for trains other than Shramik trains, which will continue to run in bigger numbers.
IRCTC Cancellation and Refund rules:
Railway Passengers (Cancellation of Ticket and Refund of Fare) Rules, 2015 shall be applicable.
In addition following instructions already issued regarding Refund of fare in case passenger is not found fit for travelling due to symptoms of Corona shall remain applicable.
As per MHA guidelines all passengers shall be compulsorily screened and only asymptomatic passengers shall be allowed to enter/board the train.
If during screening a passenger has very high temperature/symptoms of Covid-19 etc., he shall not be allowed to travel despite having confirmed tickets. In such case full refund shall be provided to passenger as under:-
(i) On PNR having single passenger.
(ii) On a party ticket if one passenger is found unfit to travel and also all other passengers on the same PNR do not want to travel in that case full refund shall be granted for all passengers.
(iii) On a party ticket if one passenger is found unfit to travel however other passengers on the PNR want to travel in that case full refund of fare shall be granted to passenger who was not allowed to travel…Read more>>